Monday 19 August 2013

Nollywood Actress, Nse Ikpe On Marrying Her First Love & What She Misses About Being Single


Nse Ikpe Etim is one of the newer faces in Nollywood, in a manner of speaking, but her dedication and talent has made her stand out. And she drew us into her personal world when she shared her journey to love, and also her wedding pictures. Nse spoke on what it feels like being married to her first love, how she finds balance in her work and life, among other things.

See excerpts...

Congratulations on your marriage. What does it feel like getting married to your first love?

A: Thank you. It’s the best and most rewarding feeling I’ve ever felt. It feels like I’ve come full circle. I am thankful.

It’s the  dream of many women that never came to reality but yours did . Would you say its sheer luck or you  were just meant to be?

A: How many times have I mentioned God so far? Pardon me but I’ll also have to give Him credit for this. We are together because God has willed it to be so. I don’t think it’s due to sheer luck. A little bit maybe, but definitely a lot of God.

What’s your definition of true love?

A: Being able to be yourself when you’re with someone, without the fear of judgement. It is the comfort that comes from knowing that someone out there is thinking of you and cares deeply for you. It’s my husband.

What do you miss  most about your spinsterhood?

A: Absolutely nothing, believe it or not but when I compare the two, there is nothing to miss. Being married means I no longer have to deal with life’s challenges on my own and I always have someone to share my happy moments with.

How have you been able to cope with being a wife and your career ?

A: I take it one day at a time. I know where my priorities lie and I make sure that I stay true to them.

What was your childhood like?

A: Growing up was wonderful, I had books and pets to occupy my mind and time. I come from a close-knit family. We were raised in love, so that has kept everyone grounded.

As a young child were you very popular or reserved?

A: I’d like to say I was both, but I was more inclined towards the reserved aspect. I liked to read a lot and  it  was  a little bit difficult being the life of the party. (laughs) However, once in a while, I’d dropped my books long enough to be sure rapture hadn’t happened.

Who do you look up to in the movie industry?

A: Internationally, I admire Meryl Strep and I like Steve Buscemi and Don Cheadle. When it comes to Nigeria, I’ll have to plead the fifth. There are way too many talented people over here to risk leaving out any names.

Do you have any regrets in life?

A: Regrets are a waste of time. Everything that has happened to me so far has led me to this point. Good, bad, difficult or pleasant. I would not be Nse if my past were to miraculously get altered. So no, I have no regrets.

Read the full interview on The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment