Saturday 17 August 2013

"No Time For Ladies" - Burna Boy


Excerpts from Burna Boy's interview with Bella Naija today:


  • Burna Boy is ‘hot cakes’ for the ladies so my first question is – Are you single?
Yeah, man.
  • Are you looking for a Mrs. Right?
Not really, man, I’ve just dropped an album… I don’t have time for that (laughs).
  • You have a lot of tattoos and they are easily one of your identifiers. What inspired you to get your first tattoo?
It’s me, man, you get me. It’s a decision that I made.
  • Are there some of them that mean more to you?
Every single one of them is very significant to me because everything on my body is a story so it kind of represents who I am. That’s what tattoos are all about, really – representation of one’s self artistically. I’m a big fan of art.
  • Do you have any celebrity crushes?
None at the moment… outside Naija, I haven’t thought about that, may be Rihanna. Nah! Rihanna’s now somehow sef (laughs). Mehn, I don’t know again oh. Everyone has broken my heart (laughs).
  • Has a girl ever dumped you before?
A very very long time ago, yeah.
  • What caused the break-up?
I can’t even remember. I think I cheated or something but I really can’t remember. I think it was even herself (points to a beautiful girl seated in the room).
  • Will we be seeing you branch out into any other industry – acting or even outside of entertainment?
 Of course, obviously oil and stuff. I’m trying to own an oil block. I mean, that’s my aim but… we’ll see. 
  • You’re one act with a lot of nicknames. Tell us some of them.
 I don’t even know where to start. They call me Burna Boy aka Burna Versace aka Burna Rankin’ aka Burna Goldie aka OluwaBurna aka Burna Ibile aka Burnanikulapo Kuti aka… Them plenty na.
  • What do you love the most about the music industry?
 Being able to do what you love and get paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment